These free crochet lap blanket patterns or a range of designs and styles are easy for the beginner to make.
Table of contents
What Is A Crochet Lap Blanket
A crochet lap blanket, also known as a lapghan, is a small blanket designed to cover and warm the legs or lap area.
It is smaller in size compared to regular blankets and is often used for personal comfort and relaxation.
Lapghans can be crocheted using various stitches, patterns, and yarns, allowing for customization based on personal preference.
They are great for snuggling up while reading, watching TV, or simply enjoying a cozy moment.
What Size Should a Crochet Lap Blanket Be?
The size of a lap blanket can vary depending on personal preference and its intended use.
However, as a general guide a lap blanket is typically about 36 - 48 inches (91 - 122cm) wide and 48 - 60 inches (122 - 152 cm) long.
These measurements are large enough to cover and comfortably cover a person's lap while seated.
However, when making a lap blanket when you can take in the specific needs and preferences of the recipient.
Some people may prefer a larger or smaller size, depending on their height, mobility, or personal comfort.
Why Crochet Lap Blankets
There are several reasons for crocheting lap blankets:
- Lap blankets offer warmth and comfort to the users making them perfect for chilly evenings or when someone needs a cozy cover.
- They are versatile and can be used in settings, like relaxing on the couch, reading a book, watching TV, or using an extra layer of warmth on the bed.
- They are portable. Lap blankets are smaller than full-sized blankets making them easier to carry around and take on tips, in offices.
- They make wonderful gifts for occasions like holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, housewarmings, or tokens of appreciation.
- Lapghans make great wheelchair blankets because they are a perfect size, without being bulky and awkward.
- Lap blankets are great donation items because they are relatively small and reasonably quick to make. These can be donated to places like senior homes, homeless shelters, nursing homes, hospices, and more.
Crochet Lap Blanket Patterns
More Crochet Pattern Collections
- Crochet keychain patterns
- Crochet heart pattern ideas
- Free crochet basket patterns
- Free crochet patterns for fingerless gloves
- Free crochet scarf patterns
- Free crochet Christmas stocking patterns
- Free Crocheted Christmas tree patterns
- Free Crochet flower granny square patterns
- Free crochet Christmas ornament patterns
- Free infinity scarf patterns
- Free crochet coaster patterns
- Free crochet dishcloth patterns
- Free crochet gift ideas
- Free crochet lap blanket patterns
- Free crochet bookmark patterns
- Easy crochet flower patterns
- Free Scrubby Patterns
Pin this post - Pin now to and take your skills to the next level.
Leave a comment - We're excited to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Share on Instagram or Facebook - Capture the beauty of your finished crochet projects and share it on Instagram or Facebook! Tag us @easybreezycrochet or #ebcrochetcreations so we can see your work!