If you are looking for different solid granny square patterns we have some great ideas for you on this page.
These crochet square patterns are easy and perfect for beginners.
Table of contents
Solid granny squares are different from classic granny squares where the design is an open and lacy look.
The stitches on a solid granny square are made close and side by side with very little space between them.
Because of this, they make a dense fabric that is perfect for making things like thick and warm blankets, scarves, pillows, clothing, and kitchen and bathroom items.
What You Will Need To Make Solid Granny Squares
For any of these granny square patterns, you can use whatever yarn weight, hook size, color, and fiber type you like to get your desired look.
But there are some things you might like to take into consideration before starting the projects such as:
- Yarn weight - For example. when making a large blanket, you might like to choose #4 medium or #5 bulky yarn because these make larger squares compared to lighter-yarn weights. And because of the large size, this means you will need fewer squares to make the blanket.
- Fiber type - Wool and acrylic are great for blankets, pillows, and clothing. 100% cotton is a good choice for making items for the kitchen or bathroom.
Solid Granny Square Patterns
More Free Crochet Pattern Collections
- Crochet keychain patterns
- Crochet heart pattern ideas
- Free crochet basket patterns
- Free crochet patterns for fingerless gloves
- Free crochet scarf patterns
- Free Crochet flower granny square patterns
- Free infinity scarf patterns
- Free crochet coaster patterns
- Free crochet dishcloth patterns
- Free crochet gift ideas
- Free crochet lap blanket patterns
- Free crochet bookmark patterns
- Easy crochet flower patterns
- Easy granny square patterns
- Free Scrubby Patterns
- Granny square bag patterns
- Free crochet Christmas ornament patterns
- Free crochet Christmas stocking patterns
- Free Crocheted Christmas tree patterns
Pin this post - Pin now to and take your skills to the next level.
Leave a comment - We're excited to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Share on Instagram or Facebook - Capture the beauty of your finished crochet projects and share it on Instagram or Facebook! Tag us @easybreezycrochet or #ebcrochetcreations so we can see your work!