This free collection of Halloween crochet patterns is just what you need to start preparing for the spookiest day of the year.
Below you will find patterns for fun treat bags, Amigurumi, wearables, home decor, and more.
Table of contents
- Free Crochet Patterns For Halloween
- Easy Halloween Crochet Patterns
- What You Will Need
- What Yarn To Use?
- What Hook To Use?
- Tips For Making These Crochet Halloween Patterns
- Crochet Stitches and Techniques
- Free Halloween Crochet Patterns
- Related Patterns
- More Collections Of Free Crochet Patterns
- Stay Connected
Free Crochet Patterns For Halloween
These free Halloween crochet patterns are sure to get you into the Halloween spirit, you will find ideas for:
- Room decor, like cute little pumpkins to decorate your table, garlands to decorate the walls, creepy coasters for the table, and spooky cushions for the chairs, and fun towel toppers for the kitchen.
- Keeping warm and cozy - with fun beanies, scarves, and mug cozies.
- Amigurumi - Crochet fun items like witches, ghosts, hats, toy witch costumes, bats, and more.
- Storing things on the go like fun crochet mugs and trick-or-treat bags.
Easy Halloween Crochet Patterns
If you are a beginner wanting to improve your skills or an experienced crocheter looking for quick and easy Halloween patterns to make, try out some of these free Halloween crochet patterns for beginners ideas:
What You Will Need
Just like every crochet project, you will need the basics:
- Yarn - use the yarn weight specified in your chosen pattern.
- Crochet hook - the pattern will specify the hook size that should be used. However, depending on your tension you may have to go up or down a size to get the correct tension if a gauge has been specified in the pattern.
- Additional items - such as stitch markers, yarn needle, scissors, stuffing, plastic safety eyes, etc, may be required to complete the pattern.
Note: If you are making crochet items with eyes for children under the age of three years, embroider the eyes instead of using plastic safety eyes as these can come loose and could become a choking hazard.
What Yarn To Use?
Almost any yarn can be used to make these Halloween projects, with acrylic yarn being a popular choice, because it is inexpensive and comes in a wide variety of colors.
Some popular brands you will see among the patterns listed below are red heart and paintbox yarns, however, you can use any yarn brand just as long as it is of a similar yarn weight as specified in the pattern.
What Hook To Use?
When starting any crochet pattern, read it to learn what yarn and hook sizes are needed.
If the pattern states a gauge, make a test swatch with the recommended yarn and hook size, then measure it to see if the number of stitches and rows match the listed gauge.
If the stitches and rows match the patterns gauge you are good to go, but if not, you will have to either increase or decrease the hook size as needed to make your test swatch match the patterns.
If you don't know how to make a test swatch read our Crochet Gauge For Beginners article, it will guide you on how to make a gauge and how to count stitches and rows.
Tips For Making These Crochet Halloween Patterns
Read and Follow Patterns
Carefully read through your crochet pattern before you begin. Familiarize yourself with any special stitches or techniques it requires. Follow the pattern step by step, and use a row counter or pencil to mark off each completed row.
Be patient with mistakes
Everyone makes mistakes in crochet. If you make a mistake, do not be afraid to unravel your work and try again. Mistakes are an opportunity to learn and improve.
Use Stitch Markers
Stitch markers can help you keep track of important points in your project, such as the beginning of a round or where to increase or decrease stitches. For stitch markers, you can use bobby pins (hair pins), safety pins or buy stitch markers.
Count your stitches
Regularly count your stitches, especially when working on projects that require a specific number of stitches in each row or round. This helps prevent mistakes and ensures that your project stays on track.
Keep an even tension
Consistent tension is crucial in crochet to ensure that your stitches are uniform and your finished item has a professional look. So, practice maintaining even tension as you work, and adjust your grip on the yarn and hook if necessary.
Crochet Stitches and Techniques
Depending on the pattern you are making, you may need to know these basic crochet stitches and techniques:
- How to make a magic ring (MR)
- How to make a crochet slip knot
- How to crochet a slip stitch (sl st)
- How to crochet a chain stitch (ch)
- How to make a single crochet (sc)
- How to half double crochet (hdc)
- Double crochet (dc)
- Treble crochet (tr)
- Increase stitches
- Decrease stitches
- How to change color in crochet
- How to join yarn in crochet
- How to weave in crochet ends
There are so many fun things that you could crochet for Halloween in addition to the ideas on this page you could: crochet Amigurumi monsters, spider web doilies, make Halloween garlands, costumes, Halloween blankets, candy bags, Jack-o-Lantern coasters and table decor, witchy dishcloths, Halloween hats, Halloween wreaths or Monster slippers.
Free Halloween Crochet Patterns
Check out these free Halloween crochet patterns, I am sure you will find something fun to make for your next project!
More Collections Of Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet keychain patterns
- Crochet heart pattern ideas
- Free crochet basket patterns
- Free crochet patterns for fingerless gloves
- Free Crochet flower granny square patterns
- Free crochet scarf patterns
- Free infinity scarf patterns
- Free crochet coaster patterns
- Free crochet dishcloth patterns
- Free crochet gift ideas
- Free crochet lap blanket patterns
- Free crochet bookmark patterns
- Easy crochet flower patterns
- Easy granny square patterns
- Free Scrubby Patterns
- Free crochet Christmas ornament patterns
- Free crochet Christmas stocking patterns
- Free Crocheted Christmas tree patterns
- Easy granny square patterns
- Solid granny square patterns
- Granny square bag patterns
Pin this post - Pin now to and take your skills to the next level.
Leave a comment - We're excited to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Share on Instagram or Facebook - Capture the beauty of your finished crochet projects and share it on Instagram or Facebook! Tag us @easybreezycrochet or #ebcrochetcreations so we can see your work!