Whether it's a birthday, new baby, housewarming, wedding, holiday, or a last-minute gift, these crochet gift ideas are perfect for friends, family, or coworkers.
Find the perfect crocheted gift to make for anyone on your list. Explore the list and find the one you love!
Table of contents
Like every crochet project, you will need the basics:
- A crochet pattern to follow, like one of the ideas below.
- Crochet hooks - the pattern will tell you what hook or hook sizes you need. However, don't be afraid to change the hook size if necessary to meet the pattern gauge.
- Yarn - see the section below.
- Other notions - yarn needles, scissors, or any other supplies stated in the pattern.
Yarn To Use For Crochet Gifts
When thinking about making crochet gifts, think about the yarn you will be using because some yarns are better than others for certain projects.
For example, face scrubbies and washcloths are best made in 100% cotton because it is soft on the skin.
Kitchen scrubbies can also be made with 100% cotton but will be even better with yarn like Sugar 'n Cream scrub off because it has been designed for use in the kitchen but would be too rough to use on your face.
Always check the pattern for the recommended yarn and weight, so you can find a suitable substitute if needed.
When making a crochet gift item, think about how easy it will be to care for. A machine-washable yarn would be an ideal option for making crocheted gifts.
You might also like to include a little tag with the care instructions on it.
Also, when making crocheted gifts take into consideration that some people have allergies to animal fibers. If in doubt, it would be best to use a man-made fiber.
Free Pattern Ideas For Crochet Gifts
Browse these free crochet patterns for the perfect crochet gift for your family and friends.
More Practical Crochet Gifts To Make
Birthdays - Give crocheted hats, scarves, or mittens in the recipient's favorite colors.
For children, consider crocheting an amigurumi (small toy) in their favorite animal or character.
Give crocheted blankets to recipients of any age because there is a size to suit all.
Baby Shower Gift Ideas - Give things like a crochet baby blanket or loveys, baby booties, hats, mittens, other clothing, or cute amigurumi animals.
Wedding/Bridal Shower - Gifts like crocheted lace doilies, table runners, blankets, or pillows are lovely crocheted gift ideas. A crochet shawl, wrap, or bag would make great bridesmaids' gift.
Valentine's Day - Give gifts like crocheted heart-shaped coasters, heart-shaped pillows, heart-themed crocheted dishcloths, or potholders.
Mother's Day/Father's Day - Gift ideas like crocheted mug cozies with a special message, plant holders, flower pot covers, bookmarks, keychains, and wall hangings can be a way to show your care and appreciation.
Housewarming Gift Ideas - Crocheted kitchen accessories like crocheted dishcloths, coasters, plant holders, hot pads, and throw pillows for the living room are practical gifts for a new homeowner.
Easter - Crocheted Easter baskets, amigurumi Easter bunnies or chicks, crocheted egg cozies, or egg warmers are thoughtful and quick gifts to make.
Remember to choose colors and patterns that suit the recipient's taste and preferences.
Handmade crocheted gifts carry a personal touch and often become cherished keepsakes for those who receive them.
More Crochet Pattern Collections
- Crochet keychain patterns
- Crochet heart pattern ideas
- Free crochet basket patterns
- Free crochet patterns for fingerless gloves
- Free crochet scarf patterns
- Free crochet Christmas stocking patterns
- Free Crocheted Christmas tree patterns
- Free Crochet flower granny square patterns
- Free crochet Christmas ornament patterns
- Free infinity scarf patterns
- Free crochet coaster patterns
- Free crochet dishcloth patterns
- Free crochet lap blanket patterns
- Free crochet bookmark patterns
- Easy crochet flower patterns
- Free Scrubby Patterns
- Solid granny square patterns
- Granny square bag patterns
Pin this post - Pin now to and take your skills to the next level.
Leave a comment - We're excited to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Share on Instagram or Facebook - Capture the beauty of your finished crochet projects and share it on Instagram or Facebook! Tag us @easybreezycrochet or #ebcrochetcreations so we can see your work!